Term Information and enrolment
Payment for classes is completed on a termly or half-term basis, with discounts available for longer term commitments. We have three terms a year: September to Christmas, January to Easter and Easter to the Summer Holidays. We try to follow school schedules as much as possible with breaks for the half terms.
You can join us at any point throughout the term, and are eligible to pay for your first class on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Terms and Conditions
- Your child’s place on a Meraki term time course is booked using the website’s online booking form, you will then be sent an invoice for the sessions, made payable two weeks prior to the class/classes that you wish to attend where possible.
- Places on all other Meraki services are booked via phone/email and paid for via bank transfer.
- If an enquiry is made via telephone, email, contact form, or in person, you will be directed to fill in the online booking form and/or make payment via bank transfer. All places will only be secure once the online booking form has been completed (for a term time course), and full payment has been received. Until this is complete, the place is not secured and may be offered to another party.
- Responsibility for the details of bookings and payment lies with the person making the initial booking. Places are allocated on a strictly first come first served basis.
- If the Meraki class or course you require is fully booked, you will be placed on a waiting list. In the event of a space becoming available, Meraki will contact you via email or phone.
- If for any reason, a participant is unable to attend a Meraki class after being accepted, Meraki reserves the right to withhold the full class fee. This also applies to sickness.
- Fees will be paid on a termly or half-term basis, early bird discounts are frequently made available at the beginning of each term for longer term commitments.
- Any bank charges incurred by Meraki for a cheque, that is not honoured, will be passed back to the individual.
- All classes must be paid for whether your child attends or not, if agreed in advance with Meraki.
- Once your child has registered and joined Meraki Art School there is no need to re-register every term
- If you not longer wish for your child to attend Meraki Art School we ask that you give 4 weeks notice.
All accounts must be paid in full, in advance, by the deadline given, for the participant to attend any Meraki service. Until payment has been received, the place is not secured and may be offered to another party.
Arrival & Departure
- Each participant will be registered in at the start, and signed out at the end of each class on the register provided by the teacher. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure they always comply with these procedures, and inform the teacher at the beginning of the class if any person other than themselves will be signing the student out.
- Parents may only leave the classroom once the register has been signed.
- If a student is to arrive and leave Meraki classes on their own, parents must inform Meraki of this in writing beforehand.
- All students must arrive no earlier than five minutes before the start of the class, and be collected no later than five minutes after a session. Meraki is unable to supervise students before or after these times.
- Meraki reserves the right to change course specifications and teaching staff wherever necessary.
- A full refund will be provided in the unlikely event of the class or course being cancelled.
- All personal property is the participants’ responsibility. Expensive and/or treasured items should not be brought to Meraki classes.
- Suitable “messy” clothing or an apron/ art smock should always be worn.
Meals and Snacks
Participants are advised to bring their own water-based drinks and snacks to Meraki classes with their name clearly labelled. Please note that Meraki classes are NUT-FREE ZONES and any nut-based products brought into the premises will be confiscated and returned to parents at the end of the class.
Health and Injuries
- Students participate at their own risk and parents are obliged to inform Meraki and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions upon booking. In regard to the term time courses, all application forms must have any known medical conditions stated and any changes to such information must be notified to Meraki immediately in writing.
- Any medication left on the premises must be clearly labelled and the student should, unless Meraki has agreed in writing otherwise, be able to administer it themselves.
- If a student is unwell or has an accident requiring emergency treatment, the parent will be contacted via the emergency contact details provided when booking. These numbers must always be contactable whilst the student is attending the Meraki activity.
- Parents are solely responsible for ensuring that the emergency contact details on Merakis’ records are up to date. These can be updated by via email or telephone.
During Meraki classes, photographs and videos may be taken of participants during activities. These images may be used for publicity purposes in an image, on video, on our website, or in printed publications. Parents must let Meraki know upon booking if they would like their child/children to be excluded from any photographs/ videos.
We consider language, behaviour or action that is designed to be offensive or creates discrimination or disruption to any user of a Meraki service or member of staff, unacceptable and will not be tolerated. If any behaviour at Meraki is considered inappropriate, the offending pupil or pupils will be given a clear warning. If the behaviour persists and is considered to be affecting the equilibrium of the class, then a parent will be contacted either during or after the class, and the pupil asked to leave and/or not return.
Meraki endeavours to satisfy all our valued participants. If you have any concerns or suggestions, please tell us and we will make every effort to rectify matters.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for children to use upon entering the classroom should they wish. Masks are not mandatory but can be worn if preferred.
- Unless students are arriving/ leaving the class on their own, they must be dropped off and collected from the venue at their exact allocated time. Meraki is unable to supervise students dropped off early, or collected late.
- If you, your child, or anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19, or has been advised by NHS Track and Trace to self isolate, please do not attend a Meraki class.
- As per government guidance, if you have symptoms please seek a test as soon as possible and self-isolate until then. Any positive test for COVID-19 for you, your child, or anyone in your household must be reported to Meraki immediately.
- If classes are unable to run at any point either due to a lockdown, or staff illness, we will switch to an online version during this period. Students will be given the option of Zoom classes or pre-recorded videos. Classes are not refundable.