Putting something of yourself in whatever you do–with soul, creativity and love
A new Art School in the heart of Exeter, offering creative workshops for young people aged 5-16, and adult evening classes. Our fun and educational art classes are a wonderful opportunity to explore different mediums and techniques, and to make friends with likeminded creatives! Delivered by qualified teachers who are also passionate artists, we place learning, creativity and wellbeing at the heart of every session.
What can you expect?
Planning an art class is like planning for a magical experience – an art room should be a place to inspire young people, filling them with wonder and delight.
Held in strong community and cosy venues our art classes focus on delivering high quality teaching and class content which will give your child a solid base of techniques and skills in a variety of mediums. Our classes are also a wonderful place for young people to meet new and likeminded friends, take risks and flourish in an environment where there is no such thing as a mistake! There will be ongoing opportunities for young people to take part in local exhibitions, community projects and both national and international competitions.
What we Offer
Meraki Art school runs fun and inspiring classes for all ages. Our local and international projects open pupils’ eyes to the world, ignite curiosity and use art to bring communities together. As Artist-Teachers we are committed to nurturing individual expression and confidence in all that come through our doors.
We help others to discover their Meraki – to learn that everything they create is uniquely theirs and the only one that exists in the world.
All of our classes and projects are underpinned by the following aims:
- Teaching traditional skills in Art and Design that will serve our pupils well into their creative futures.
- Cultivating friendships, wellbeing and confidence in the younger generations
- Engaging young people in their local communities.
- Using creativity to bridge cultural divides.
You can read more about the ethos behind Meraki School on our About page.
Saturday Art Classes
Our Saturday classes will help your child to develop their artistic skills under professional guidance, and will provide an outlet for their creativity to blossom.
Interactive online lessons taught by qualified art teachers, including personalised feedback to help your child enjoy and succeed in Art.
Add a splash of colour to your weekday evenings, develop creativity and benefit from being part of an artistic, relaxed and friendly community group.
Community Art Projects
Through engaging adults and children in creative projects we provide ways for them to actively engage with their communities
Our follow-along tutorials are a great way to get involved and get creative at home. We will be kickstarting this series in Autumn with a Halloween special!
Meraki Art Parties
Ideal for creative children, filling their day with fun, colour and imagination. We’ll work with you to design themed activities that your child will love!
Festivals and Community Projects
We encourage community awareness, involvement and participation in the arts. Through engaging young people in creative projects we provide ways for them to actively engage with their communities and teach them that there are many ways to have an impact and generate positive change.
Did you know that Meraki Art School is a recognised Arts Award Centre, run by qualified teachers and Arts Award Advisers? Our staff have a passion for supporting people to develop their artistic skills and achieve qualifications that will serve them well into their creative futures.
Achieve your Arts Award with Us!
Complete your Arts Award with Trinity College through Meraki Art School. By attending our classes Meraki Create and Meraki Inspire young people will have the opportunity to achieve this nationally recognised qualification that will help them to grow as artists or art leaders. Our Meraki Practitioners will provide support and guidance every step of the way
The Meraki Muse
Bringing you the latest artist interviews, local exhibition reviews and news from the Meraki Team. Pop your email address below to get notified when new posts are published.
Our Latest Articles
- Getting Meraki off the GroundWe welcome this opportunity to write personally to you all, a select group of people that have shown interest and support during these early stages. We couldn’t have got Meraki off the ground without you! So many people seem surprised when we tell them Meraki wasn’t even a seed of an idea before late April thisContinue reading “Getting Meraki off the Ground”
- Exeter Living Magazine Issue 282Meraki has hit the headlines! It was great talking to Exeter Living Magazine about Meraki Art School and all of the exciting things that we have in the pipeline. We’re thrilled to be featured amongst such an amazing line-up of artists, workshops and creative initiatives coming to the city this summer! You can read ourContinue reading “Exeter Living Magazine Issue 282”
- Catherine Knight ‘Isolation Windows’, Exeter PhoenixThis week we popped down to the Exeter Phoenix Centre to see Isolation Windows, a solo presentation of paintings by Bristol-based artist Catherine Knight running until 27th June. There was nice warming bustle of energy in Gandy Street and this exhibition really was the cherry on the top of a lovely morning! The show comprisesContinue reading “Catherine Knight ‘Isolation Windows’, Exeter Phoenix”