Putting something of yourself in whatever you do–with soul, creativity and love
A new Art School in the heart of Exeter, offering creative workshops for young people aged 5-16, and adult evening classes. Our fun and educational art classes are a wonderful opportunity to explore different mediums and techniques, and to make friends with likeminded creatives! Delivered by qualified teachers who are also passionate artists, we place learning, creativity and wellbeing at the heart of every session.
What can you expect?
Planning an art class is like planning for a magical experience – an art room should be a place to inspire young people, filling them with wonder and delight.
Held in strong community and cosy venues our art classes focus on delivering high quality teaching and class content which will give your child a solid base of techniques and skills in a variety of mediums. Our classes are also a wonderful place for young people to meet new and likeminded friends, take risks and flourish in an environment where there is no such thing as a mistake! There will be ongoing opportunities for young people to take part in local exhibitions, community projects and both national and international competitions.
What we Offer
Meraki Art school runs fun and inspiring classes for all ages. Our local and international projects open pupils’ eyes to the world, ignite curiosity and use art to bring communities together. As Artist-Teachers we are committed to nurturing individual expression and confidence in all that come through our doors.
We help others to discover their Meraki – to learn that everything they create is uniquely theirs and the only one that exists in the world.
All of our classes and projects are underpinned by the following aims:
- Teaching traditional skills in Art and Design that will serve our pupils well into their creative futures.
- Cultivating friendships, wellbeing and confidence in the younger generations
- Engaging young people in their local communities.
- Using creativity to bridge cultural divides.
You can read more about the ethos behind Meraki School on our About page.
Saturday Art Classes
Our Saturday classes will help your child to develop their artistic skills under professional guidance, and will provide an outlet for their creativity to blossom.
Interactive online lessons taught by qualified art teachers, including personalised feedback to help your child enjoy and succeed in Art.
Add a splash of colour to your weekday evenings, develop creativity and benefit from being part of an artistic, relaxed and friendly community group.
Community Art Projects
Through engaging adults and children in creative projects we provide ways for them to actively engage with their communities
Connect and Create
Improve on your art skills, meet other like-minded creatives, spend some quality time with members of your family or enjoy a creative evening with friends.
Bespoke Arty Workshops
Unforgettable experiences that are ideal for creative adults and children. Bringing people together to build creative skills, whilst filling their day with imagination
Festivals and Community Projects
We encourage community awareness, involvement and participation in the arts. Through engaging young people in creative projects we provide ways for them to actively engage with their communities and teach them that there are many ways to have an impact and generate positive change.
Did you know that Meraki Art School is a recognised Arts Award Centre, run by qualified teachers and Arts Award Advisers? Our staff have a passion for supporting people to develop their artistic skills and achieve qualifications that will serve them well into their creative futures.
Achieve your Arts Award with Us!
Complete your Arts Award with Trinity College through Meraki Art School. By attending our classes Meraki Create and Meraki Inspire young people will have the opportunity to achieve this nationally recognised qualification that will help them to grow as artists or art leaders. Our Meraki Practitioners will provide support and guidance every step of the way
The Meraki Muse
Bringing you the latest artist interviews, local exhibition reviews and news from the Meraki Team. Pop your email address below to get notified when new posts are published.
Our Latest Articles
- Capturing Imaginations in Meraki CreateParents and teachers alike have often pondered the best way to encourage creativity in children, do we need to cultivate the seed whilst they’re young, can it be discovered later, can it be lost and rediscovered? Here at Meraki we believe that everyone is creative, yes even you Mums and Dads out there. Creativity isContinue reading “Capturing Imaginations in Meraki Create”
- Forests of Land and SeaWhat’s next for Meraki Inspire? Wow, what a first half term it’s been! This half term the children in our Saturday art class, Meraki Inspire, have experimented with a range of art mediums and techniques, creating wonderful work inspired by the theme of nature and by the work of both historic and contemporary artists. TheContinue reading “Forests of Land and Sea”
- Getting Meraki off the GroundWe welcome this opportunity to write personally to you all, a select group of people that have shown interest and support during these early stages. We couldn’t have got Meraki off the ground without you! So many people seem surprised when we tell them Meraki wasn’t even a seed of an idea before late April thisContinue reading “Getting Meraki off the Ground”